1.26.2012

A Perfume Organic - Review

I used to love perfume when I was younger. It started when I was in grade school with Love's Baby Soft a sweet powdery scent that I spritzed myself with daily. Then it was the ever popular "Body Splash" from various stores. In high school I tried everything from tropical coconut and pineapple scents to my ever staple vanilla. I love vanilla. I love everything from the sweet cupcake vanilla, to the deep earthy vanilla. And as I've gotten older the latter is my preference. 

I had a not-so-clean scent from a certain big box beauty store that I loved until the past few years. It was warm and sexy, I loved everything about it except that it made me sneeze. Now I'm not talking a tiny little "achoo". I'm talking a full blown multi-sneeze attack. Yes, attack. I would be gasping for breath and running for the nearest sink and soap to get the scent off my skin. Not exactly what I wanted out of my daily perfume experience. When I apply perfume I'd like it to be a pleasant thing.

So I got a lovely little sample of A Perfume Organic's  Mejica. I could have bathed in that sample.I finally bought it this winter as a Christmas present to myself and I'm so glad I did. I adore the smell of it. It just makes me happy. Mejica is described on the website as a "blend of three vanillas, rare resins and spices". It is a warm spicy heaven.

Now I'm not the best at describing scents as I'm just delving deeper into that realm but, I'll give it a whirl. On first application Mejica is very bold and spicy. It's a familiar spice and always reminds me of my beloved chai tea. I can pick out a few of them like clove, nutmeg and cinnamon. Then as it wears the warm sweetness of the vanilla comes in mixing with the spiciness. The finish (dry-down?, someone correct me if I'm wrong) is vanilla and something musky. But not a heady musk just soft. I find Mejica wears close to the body which I like. I've never been a loud perfume person. I really only want just me and Mr. Bunny to smell it. Well, and the occasional person I think would appreciate it. 
 


So if you like perfume I would surely check out A Perfume Organic. Amanda Walker is an amazingly talented Perfumer and is sure to have something for everyone. On my list for summer is to try Urban Organic.   

Mejica runs $65 USD and can be purchased at these retailers.


No comments:

Post a Comment